CTL200-0 User GuideLast updated: 2022-06-24 PDF version
This guide describes the information that is specific to the screw terminal version of the CTL200. Please refer to the CTL200 user guide for general information on the CTL200.
Terminal block connections
- LD+ / LD-: Laser anode / cathode pins. If possible, use a short twisted cable to connect your laser. The CTL200-0 is compatible with floating diodes.
- VL+ / VL-: Laser anode / cathode 4-wire voltage sensing pins.
- PD+ / PD-: Photodiode anode / cathode pins. PD+ is internally connected to GND.
- TH+ / TH-: 10K thermistor pins.
- TEC+ / TEC-: Connections to the Peltier element.
- AI1, AI2: Auxiliary analog inputs between 0 and 2.5 V.
- DO1, DO2: Digital outputs that replicate the status of LASER and TEMP LEDs on 3V3 logic levels.
DC modulation input for modulation between DC and 10 MHz. Modulation range is ±1 V. A jumper allows to choose between 3 modulation gains.
The board must be supplied at the VS pin with a voltage between 7.5 V and 12.5 V.
Adjusting the compliance voltage
The switches SW3 and SW4 of the configuration switch are used to adjust the compliance voltage. The figure below shows the maximum laser voltage vs. current for the 4 compliance voltage configurations.
Make sure to use the lowest possible compliance voltage configuration in order to minimize the power consumption.
Information related to the serial interface can be found on the CTL200 user guide.