CTL200-0 User GuideLast updated: April 03, 2019 PDF version
This guide describes the information that is specific to the screw terminal version of the CTL200. Please refer to the CTL200 user guide for general information on the CTL200.
- LD+ / LD-: Laser anode / cathode pins. If possible, use a short twisted cable to connect your laser. The CTL200-0 is only compatible with floating diodes, which means that neither the anode nor the cathode should be electrically connected to GND.
- VL+ / VL-: Laser anode / cathode 4-wire voltage sensing pins.
- PD+ / PD-: Photodiode cathode / anode pins. PD+ is internally connected to GND.
- TH+ / TH-: 10K thermistor pins.
- TEC+ / TEC-: Connections to the Peltier element.
The board must be supplied at the VS pin with a voltage between 7.5 V and 12.5 V.
Adjusting the compliance voltage
The switches SW3 and SW4 of the configuration switch are used to adjust the compliance voltage. The figure below shows the maximum laser voltage vs. current for the 4 compliance voltage configurations.
Make sure to use the lowest possible compliance voltage configuration in order to minimize the power consumption.